Monday

Peanut Butter Tastes Better When Microwaved

Now you know what I do in my spare time. *evil cackle*

No, I don't stuff my microwave with anything in sight and hit the START button. But I do speculate on what happens to edible stuff in the microwave - edible microwaveable stuff, mind you. Not dried out stuff that would most likely turn my dorm into a lightning show gone wrong.

Hence, the peanut butter.

Now don't go nuts (no pun intended) and start navigating your pointer toward that X in the corner. Hear me out: try warm peanut butter and see how it tastes. All you need are bread, a microwave oven, a microwave oven-safe dish, and as much peanut butter as you want (or as is humanly possible to eat in one sitting without getting a heart attack).

Step 1: Place peanut butter in microwave oven-safe dish.

Step 2: If you want your bread to go all moist and smooshy, put it on the side of the peanut butter.

Step 3: Place microwave oven-safe dish with bread and peanut butter into microwave oven. Shut the door.

Step 4: Microwave for a minute.

Step 4.5: Step away from the microwave as microwave process occurs.

Step 5: Carefully take the dish out. Note the consistency of the peanut butter. Smooth, innit? Now, dip the bread in the melted peanut butter, and eat slowly (not to mention carefully, as bread and peanut butter will be hot).

This recipe works for smooth and creamy peanut butter, so I don't know how the chunky ones will fare. I've tried this with two slices of bread separating my dollop of peanut butter from my spoonful of grape jam. The grape jam melted into juice, but, mixed in with the melted peanut butter, it was pretty darn good.

CAUTION: If you do not know how to use a microwave oven, please ask a grown-up to help you out.

No comments: